Conservation du patrimoine
MS Office Suite
Adobe CC (Photoshop, inDesign)
Maîtrise du français et de l’anglais
EVOQ is a recognized leader in heritage conservation and architecture in Inuit and First Nations communities. As part of our firm’s ongoing development, we are seeking an Intermediate Architect with a keen interest in heritage building conservation and experience in conservation, renovation and rehabilitation projects. The ideal candidate is versatile, with a thorough understanding of both traditional and modern construction techniques; demonstrates confidence in planning, design and site review; and is distinguished by their experience, leadership qualities and professionalism.
We are searching for creative, motivated and energetic team members to complement our growing team.
The selected candidate, under the supervision of the senior associate or project manager, will be responsible for the following:
- Conduct surveys and building condition assessments;
- Participate in the preparation of expertise reports;
- Participate in all phases of project development;
- Prepare contract/construction drawings and specifications;
- Identify and solve technical problems;
- Participate in the preparation of construction cost estimates;
- Participate in site meetings and ensure site monitoring and surveillance;
- Conduct site review and contract administration;
- Ensure compliance with standards, codes and regulations;
- Coordinate plans and specifications with other project participants;
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Masters’ degree in architecture;
- Registered Architect in Ontario (active member of the OAA);
- A minimum of 6 of work-related experience;
- Experience in Heritage Conservation;
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, Office Suite, Adobe Suite, Photoshop, Sketch up and InDesign;
- Knowledge of building codes, building envelope, building materials and specifications;
- Experience in contract document production, site review and contract administration;
- Strong technical knowledge in construction detailing; Proficiency in both official languages (an asset);
- Experience in Assembly, Industrial, or Multi-Unit Residential occupancy (an asset);
- Experience working with public institutions (an asset);
- ASP construction card (an asset);
- Experience as BIM Coordinator (an asset).
- Autonomous and proactive;
- Rigorous, well organized and able to plan;
- Ability to learn quickly and thoroughly;
- Capable of working as part of a team;
- Capable of communicating effectively both orally and in writing.
Working Conditions and Environment
- Flexible work schedule;
- Employee benefits package (group insurance plan);
- Competitive salary based on experience;
- Company-paid OAA membership dues;
- Stimulating and dynamic work environment;
- Year-round social, cultural and sporting activities;
- Enviable employee training program focused on the development of identified skills and competencies.
Join our team and make a career at EVOQ Architecture by submitting your application (cover letter, CV) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the job posting reference number in the email subject line as follows:
Reference number : HCO-01082021/ EVOQ Architecture
While all applications will be evaluated, only the selected candidates will be contacted. We thank you for your interest in our firm. Do not hesitate to share this job offer with friends and colleagues interested in new career opportunities.