Adobe CC (inDesign, Photoshop)
EVOQ is a recognized leader in heritage conservation and architecture in Inuit and First Nations communities. EVOQ strives to foster a positive learning and working environment and a collaborative workshop spirit to encourage employees to develop their skills and share their knowledge with their peers. We are looking for a Senior Architect with at least 10 years of relevant experience and strong interest in the adaptive reuse of existing buildings to join our Toronto office.
We are looking for an architect who values collaboration and communication, is a problem solver, highly motivated and organized.
If you are passionate about architecture and looking for new challenges, we invite you to send us your application.
Under the direction and supervision of the senior associate, the selected candidate will:
- Produce, manage and coordinate aspects of architectural projects through all their phases : preparatory studies, exploratory openings, field surveys, reporting and documentation, planning, concept, design, contract documents (plans and specifications), budgeting, scheduling, tender, site review, contract administration and project close-out
- Manage communications and relationships with team members, clients and external consultants throughout all project phases including attending, leading and minuting meetings
- Participate in contract administration including site reviews, field reports, shop drawing and mock-up reviews, site instructions, etc.
- Coordinate activities of consultants and team members
- Coordinate plans and specifications with other project participants
- Author reports and assessments
- Participate in the firm quality control processes thorough all project phases
- Participate in the writing and preparation of proposals
- Registered Architect in Ontario (active member of the OAA)
- At least 10 years of work-related experience in report and contract document production, in site review and contract administration
- Computer skills: Revit, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat; and familiarity with Photoshop, InDesign
- Knowledge of building codes, building envelope, building materials and specifications
- Strong technical knowledge in construction detailing
- Professional fluency in spoken and written English
Working Conditions and Environment
- Flexible working hours in a hybrid work model
- Work location: Toronto (St. Lawrence Neighborhood)
- Competitive salary based on experience
- A full range of benefits
- Dynamic and stimulating work environment
- An employee training and continuing education program
Join our team and make a career at EVOQ Architecture by submitting your application (cover letter, CV) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
While all applications will be evaluated, only the selected candidates will be contacted. We thank you for your interest in our firm. Do not hesitate to share this job offer with friends and colleagues interested in new career opportunities.
EVOQ is an equal opportunity employer and invites applications from women, Aboriginal people, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and people with disabilities. Upon request, candidates with disabilities can receive assistance in the selection and preselection process.