Intermediate Architectural Project Manager
Northern / Inuit First Nations
3 years (architect)
1 year (project manager)
MS Office Suite
Fluent in French and in English
Lead by Alain Fournier and Éric Moutquin, associate architects and directors, EVOQ’s Northern / Inuit and First Nations Architecture team is seeking an Intermediate Architectural Project Manager a keen interest in Northern architecture, sensitive to Inuit and First Nations communities.
The ideal candidate has a thorough understanding of construction techniques; demonstrates confidence in planning, design and site review; and is distinguished by their experience, leadership qualities and professionalism. The incumbent will contribute to major projects in remote communities currently facing important social and technological challenges related to development. The chosen candidate will join an eclectic and energetic team whose projects have a significant, positive social impact in aboriginal communities.
The selected candidate will be in charge of project development; will lead and supervise a project team; and will represent the firm to clients. They will coordinate multidisciplinary teams of internal and external professionals and have the opportunity to work on a variety of architectural projects requiring specialized expertise; including airport terminals, community and cultural centres, social housing, municipal infrastructure, sports and health complexes, and projects in the mining and energy sectors.
+ See some of our Northern and First Nations projects
- Managing and coordinating architectural projects during all phases of the project: pre-design, schematic design , design development, construction documents and specifications, tender, construction contract administration and commissioning;
- Scheduling, work sequencing and preparation of construction documents;
- Estimating the project team’s fees;
- Fostering good communication and information-sharing within the project team;
- Leading and advising team members on both conceptual and technical aspects based on their experience and knowledge;
- Managing relationships and communications with consultants and clients;
- Monitoring the regulatory compliance of projects;
- Preparing cost estimates;
- Writing technical and administrative specifications;
- Ensuring the quality of plans and specifications;
- Producing project schedules;
- Conducting site review at the office and on-site and leading site meetings;
- All related tasks as required.
- University degree in architecture;
- OAQ member in good standing;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as an architect;
- Minimum 1 year experience as an architectural project manager;
- Proven experience in site review and contract documents;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, AutoCAD and Adobe Suite. Knowledge of REVIT a major asset;
- Project management and implementation experience with le Ministère de transport du Québec (an asset);
- Project management and implementation experience with le Ministère de la Santé et des Services sociaux (an asset);
- Fluent in French and in English.
- You are recognized as an autonomous and versatile professional, eager to learn and sensitive to technical and social issues;
- You are recognized for your ability to collaborate and manage a team to achieve common project goals;
- You are a natural leader and your ease in communicating helps maintain positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Working Conditions and Environment
- Flexible work schedule;
- Employee benefits package (group insurance plan);
- Competitive salary based on experience;
- Company-paid OAQ membership dues;
- Office in the heart of downtown Montreal (Quartier des spectacles);
- Opportunities for travel to far-northern (Nunavik, Nunavut) and First Nations communities;
- Stimulating and dynamic work environment;
- Year-round social, cultural and sporting activities
- Learning opportunities on Inuit and First Nations culture (conferences, events, training)
- Enviable employee training program focused on the development of the identified skills and competencies.
Join our team and make a career at EVOQ Architecture by submitting your application (cover letter, CV) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the job posting reference number in the email subject line as follows:
Reference number : NNM-09082020_2 / EVOQ Architecture
While all applications will be evaluated, only the selected candidates will be contacted. We thank you for your interest in our firm. Do not hesitate to share this job offer with friends and colleagues interested in new career opportunities.