Technologue en architecture intermédiaire – Coordinateur BIM
Conservation du patrimoine
MS Office Suite
Adobe CC (Photoshop, inDesign)
Maîtrise du français et de l’anglais
EVOQ is a recognized leader in Heritage Conservation and developing architectural project for Inuit and First Nations communities. As part of our firm’s ongoing development, we are seeking an Intermediate Architectural Technologist – BIM Coordinator with a keen interest in heritage building conservation and rehabilitation, Northern and Indigenous projects, and Multi-Unit Residential. The ideal candidate has a thorough understanding of construction techniques; demonstrates confidence in planning, design and site review; and is distinguished by their experience, leadership qualities and professionalism.
In addition to contributing to projects, the candidate filling this position will be responsible to support the Ottawa team with the implementation and compliance to EVOQ’s BIM standards, including participation in the company’s BIM committee and the ongoing development of the company’s BIM standards.
We are searching for creative, motivated and energetic team members to complement our growing team.
The selected candidate, under the supervision of the senior associate or project manager, will be responsible for the following:
- Assist with the execution of building surveys and produce base drawings;
- Participate in the technical design and production through all stages of a project;
- Prepare preliminary and construction drawing and specifications through all stages of a project;
- Coordinate plans and specifications with other professionals (engineers, conservators, etc.) and stakeholders;
- Produce or assist with the elaboration of construction cost estimates;
- Conduct product research and participate in the choice of construction materials and systems;
- Ensure compliance with standards, codes and regulations;
- Participate in the management of construction documents, site review and site administration.
- Masters’ degree in architecture;
- Registered Architect in Ontario (active member of the OAA);
- A minimum of 6 of work-related experience;
- Experience in Heritage Conservation
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, Office Suite, Adobe Suite, Photoshop, Sketch up and InDesign;
- Knowledge of building codes, building envelope, building materials and specifications;
- Experience in contract document production, site review and contract administration.
- Strong technical knowledge in construction detailing; Proficiency in both official languages (an asset).
- Experience in Assembly, Industrial, or Multi-Unit Residential occupancy (an asset)
- Experience working with public institutions (an asset)
- ASP construction card (an asset)
- Experience as BIM Coordinator (an asset).
- Motivated professional with versatility and initiative;
- Ability to work in a team environment and share knowledge with junior staff;
- Rigorous with attention to detail;
- Good organizational and planning skills, ability to work on multiple project simultaneously;
- Open to new experiences and learning new skills;
- Excellent communication skills.
Working Conditions and Environment
- Flexible work schedule;
- Employee benefits package (group insurance plan);
- Competitive salary based on experience;
- Company-paid OAA membership dues;
- Stimulating and dynamic work environment;
- Year-round social, cultural and sporting activities
- Enviable employee training program focused on the development of identified skills and competencies.
Join our team and make a career at EVOQ Architecture by submitting your application (cover letter, CV) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the job posting reference number in the email subject line as follows:
Reference number : HCO-01082021_2/ EVOQ Architecture
While all applications will be evaluated, only the selected candidates will be contacted. We thank you for your interest in our firm. Do not hesitate to share this job offer with friends and colleagues interested in new career opportunities.