Technologue intermédiaire en architecture
MS Office Suite
Adobe CC (Photoshop, inDesign)
EVOQ is an award-winning architecture firm recognized for quality interventions and site-sensitive design solutions. As one of Canada’s leading architecture firms, EVOQ strives to foster a positive learning environment and a collaborative workshop spirit to encourage employees to develop their skills and share their knowledge with their peers. Culture, history and technology underpin EVOQ’s architectural approach. Diversity, respect and work-life balance round out the firm’s culture and make EVOQ a rewarding place to work.
EVOQ is a recognized leader in Heritage Conservation, Contemporary Architecture and developing architectural projects for Inuit and First Nations communities. As part of our firm’s ongoing development and expansion of our Ottawa office, we are seeking an Intermediate Architectural Technologist with a keen interest in multi-unit residential architecture, with a proficiency in building envelope design and detailing. The ideal candidate has a thorough understanding of modern construction techniques; and is distinguished by their experience, leadership qualities and professionalism.
We are searching for creative, motivated and energetic team members to complement our growing team.
The selected candidate, under the supervision of the senior associate or project manager, will be responsible for the following:
- Participate in the production of technical and construction documents, drawings and specifications in accordance with established standards;
- Coordinate plans and specifications with other professionals (engineers, consultants, etc.) and stakeholders;
- Produce or assist with the elaboration of construction cost estimates;
- Conduct product research and participate in the choice of construction materials and systems;
- Ensure compliance with standards, codes and regulations;
- Participate in the management of construction documents, site review and site administration;
- Assist with the execution of building surveys and condition assessments
- Diploma in Architecture and / or Architecture Technology;
- Possess a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the field;
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, Office Suite, Adobe Suite, Photoshop, Sketch up and InDesign;
- Excellent knowledge of construction techniques and details;
- Rigorous attention to details and ability for problem solving;
- Knowledge of Building Codes;
- Interest in conservation of heritage buildings (an asset);
- Proficiency in both official languages (an asset);
- ASP construction card (an asset).
- Motivated professional with versatility and initiative;
- Ability to work in a team environment and share knowledge with junior staff;
- Good organizational and planning skills, ability to work on multiple project simultaneously;
- Open to new experiences and learning new skills;
Working Conditions and Environment
- Flexible work schedule;
- Employee benefits package (group insurance plan);
- Competitive salary based on experience;
- Company-paid OAA membership dues;
- Stimulating and dynamic work environment;
- Year-round social, cultural and sporting activities;
- Enviable employee training program focused on the development of identified skills and competencies.
Join our team and make a career at EVOQ Architecture by submitting your application (cover letter, CV) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the job posting reference number in the email subject line as follows:
Reference number : HCO-03012021 / EVOQ Architecture
While all applications will be evaluated, only the selected candidates will be contacted. We thank you for your interest in our firm. Do not hesitate to share this job offer with friends and colleagues interested in new career opportunities.