Architecte intermédiaire en conservation
MS Office Suite
Adobe inDesign, Photoshop
Led by Dima Cook, senior architect and director, EVOQ’s Heritage Conservation team in Toronto is seeking an Intermediate Conservation Architect with a keen interest in heritage building conservation and experience in conservation, renovation and rehabilitation projects.
The ideal candidate has a thorough understanding of construction techniques; demonstrates confidence in planning, design and site review; and is distinguished by their experience, leadership qualities and professionalism. Possessing at least 5 years of relevant experience and strong interest in conservation, restoration and rehabilitation of existing buildings to help build and serve our Toronto practice.
We are searching for creative, motivated and energetic team members to complement our growing team.
The selected candidate will assume, under the supervision of the senior associate, the following responsibilities:
- Conduct heritage evaluations and studies;
- Participate in all phases of project development;
- Conduct of surveys and building condition assessments;
- Participate in the preparation of expertise reports;
- Prepare contract/construction documents;
- Identify and solve technical problems;
- Coordinate plans and specifications with other consultants and stakeholders;
- Participate in the management of the team and consultants;
- Conduct site supervision and contract administration;
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Post professional degree in Heritage Conservation or 5 years of practice in the field;
- Registered Architect in ON (active member of the OAA);
- At least 5 years of work-related experience in contract document production, in site review and contract administration;
- Computer skills: AutoCAD, REVIT, Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Acrobat; and familiarity with Photoshop, InDesign;
- Knowledge of building codes, building envelope, building materials and specifications;
- Strong technical knowledge in construction detailing;
- Professional fluency in spoken and written English.
- Autonomous and proactive;
- Rigorous, well organized and able to plan;
- Ability to learn quickly and thoroughly;
- Capable of working as part of a team;
- Capable of communicating effectively both orally and in writing.
Working Conditions and Environment
- Flexible work schedule;
- Work location: Toronto (St Lawrence Neighbourhood);
- Date of start of employment : As soon as possible;
- Competitive salary based on experience;
- A full range of benefits;
- Company-paid OAA membership dues;
- Dynamic and stimulating work environment;
- An enviable employee training program focused on developing identified competencies.
Join our team and make a career at EVOQ Architecture by submitting your application (cover letter, CV) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the job posting reference number in the email subject line as follows:
Reference number : PHT-10052020 / EVOQ Architecture
While all applications will be evaluated, only the selected candidates will be contacted. We thank you for your interest in our firm. Do not hesitate to share this job offer with friends and colleagues interested in new career opportunities.