After 30 years with Dan Hanganu Architects (DHA), Gilles Prud’homme joined EVOQ Architecture in December 2017 along with the rest of the DHA team when they integrated into EVOQ.
Gilles demonstrates exceptional synthesis and organizational skills and understands how to plan and execute complex projects in complex contexts, balancing multiple stakeholders. He prides himself on the fact that each project under his leadership receives the same careful attention, from the translation of the program into spaces and equipment right up to the delivery of the building.
His recent achievements as project manager are notable not only for their architectural quality, but for their success in terms of work site implementation and their respect of budgets and schedules. Many of his achievements involved the renovation and expansion of existing buildings. Gilles has particular expertise in the areas of sustainable development and participation in integrated design teams (IDP).
Gilles shares his wealth of knowledge and experience through his continuing involvement at the University of Montreal’s School of Architecture where he has been leading a multidisciplinary integrated design workshop in collaboration with the Polytechnique. This ongoing commitment to knowledge has afforded him valuable insights into the translation of thought into architectural design.
- ESG-UQÀM Lab Space
- Gérald-Godin CÉGEP Addition
- The municipal pole of the City of Vaudreuil-Dorion
- Maisonneuve Library
- Saint-Sulpice Library
- Octogone Library
- Saint Joseph’s Oratory of Mount Royal, Phase A-4, Museum Component
Selected Projects (Prior Experience)
- Cité Archéologique Phase II, Pointe-à-Callière Museum — 2017
- J-A Bombardier Museum — 2016
- Mariners’ House, Pointe-à-Callière Museum — 2013
- Monique-Corriveau Library — 2013
- Marc-Favreau Library — 2013
- La Capitale Head Office — 2012
- Espace 400e Pavilion — 2008
- Salle Telus, Rimouski Theatre— 2005
- Lévis Anglican Theatre — 2003
- Juliette Lassonde Arts Centre in St-Hyacinthe — 2002
- Les Archives nationales du Québec à Montréal — 2001
- McGill University, Faculty of Law Library — 2000
- Théâtre du Nouveau Monde — 1997
- HEC Montreal, École des Hautes études commerciales — 1996
- University of Quebec at Montreal (UQÀM), School of Design — 1995
Finalist at recent competitions
- Saint Joseph’s Oratory of Mount Royal : Phase A-4, Museum Component — Montreal, Quebec
- Octogone Library — Lasalle, Montreal, Quebec
- Transformation of Musée d’art contemporain de Montréal (MAC) — Montreal, Quebec
- Gabrielle-Roy Library — Quebec, Quebec
- BAnQ Saint-Sulpice, Bibliothèque Laboratoire — Montreal, Quebec