A new rehabilitation project in the heart of Old Montreal
October 2, 2013
PWGSC mandates Fournier Gersovitz Moss Drolet | St-Gelais Montminy architectes en consortium for the masonry rehabilitation of the Custom Building in Old Montreal.
This monumental Beaux-Arts building, erected in two phases (1912/1934) occupies a full city block and is built on a hybrid structure.
A significant exploratory program includes the systematic survey of each facade stone as well as interior and exterior exploratory openings. In a progressive approach, the consultant team required a masonry contractor for the survey. Subsequently, the site work will be accomplished over three years with resident site supervision.