EVOQ Commits to Achieving Sustainable Development Goals
Over the past year, EVOQ’s internal Sustainability Committee has developed a program to review, plan and promote the firm’s environmental initiatives. With the assistance of a sustainability consultant, the Committee has developed six overarching themes with the objective of continuously improving EVOQ’s contribution to sustainable development.
- Promote sustainable architecture by conserving and creating buildings that respect the historical, cultural and environmental context.
- Develop and maintain our team’s professional expertise in sustainable architecture and cutting edge technology.
- Develop, support and promote traditional knowledge and practices to ensure vitality and continuity.
- Offer a stimulating, healthy and balanced work environment, in which employees flourish and contribute to the collective success of the firm.
- Effectively manage the activities of the firm so that they have a positive impact on the environment and on the communities in which we work.
- Foster meaningful and enduring collaborations with our partners, communities, consultants and colleagues to realize our vision.
Photo: The Sustainability Committee organises EVOQ ½ DAY, a semi-annual, firm-wide event that brings staff together to brainstorm sustainability issues and initiatives. Our teams from Ottawa and Toronto offices participate in person or via videoconference.